Location: Markham, On Canada
Date Posted: 01/16/2020
Positions available: 1
Are you a tech-savvy individual who is always up to date with the latest technology? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same? If this sounds like you, we are interested in hearing how you can add your talents to our growing team!
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving Information Technology (IT) Helpdesk tickets, including desktop hardware, software, operating system, network connectivity issues, and to provide end-user support and assistance with the overall use of computerized systems.
• Deploy and install Maestro application and product suite in a variety of customer environments
• Respond to technical enquiries, problem diagnosis and resolution
• Assign customer reported problems to team members and oversee their follow-up
• Participate in the on-call schedule to provide afterhours customer support
• Ensure all support calls are managed in an efficient and timely manner
• Deliver an exceptional level of IT support to all clients and internal teams
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to Maestro applications
• Provide regular and proper communication to customers throughout the resolution process
• 3+ years of operations or technical experience in a hotel environment is required
• Experience working in the hospitality industry is required
• Basic to advance working knowledge of any Property Management System (PMS)
• Excellent communication/written skills
• Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
• Ability to understand technical issues and articulate industry operational/technical solutions
• Working knowledge of MSSQL, database queries, Crystal Reports/SQL or any report writing tools; XML, HTML, CSS, operating systems such as Windows 2016 or higher
• Ability to diagnose, support and implement 3rd party system interfaces is an asset
• Ability to work independently and in a team dynamic
• Ability to do shift work including weekends
• Infrequent travel may be required when supporting our clients on-site
• Previous work experience in Maestro PMS will bring a candidate to the forefront for selection
• Experience in end user support in a help-desk environment, preferably in a call center
• Knowledge in Booking Engine, GDS/OTAs and/or Revenue Management systems a plus
• Knowledge of Hotel Night Audit, Hotel Accounting, Hotel Sales and Catering and/or Spa
Competitive salary plus bonuses and profit sharing.
Work Permit: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada, with a valid passport, will not be considered.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com